Hardwood flooring is beautiful, very durable, and looks great in any room of the home. It’s no surprise that hardwood is a popular flooring choice in the greater Metairie and New Orleans area. Laminate hardwood flooring is a great alternative to solid hardwood! At Floor Coverings International Metairie, we are your local New Orleans laminate hardwood flooring experts. It blends the beauty of hardwood with the lasting value and easy maintenance of laminate. It is made from particle board topped with an imitation of wood grain to make it look like solid hardwood. One difference between solid hardwood and laminate is the installation process. Laminate pieces snap or glue together for easy installation and can even be installed on top of concrete or old floors.
Pros of Laminate Hardwood Flooring
- Laminate hardwood can be installed in rooms with higher levels of moisture such as the kitchen, unlike solid hardwood flooring.
- It’s a good choice for people with allergies because unlike carpet, laminate doesn’t trap dirt and dust.
- Laminate flooring has a “wear layer” that protects the photographic layer underneath. Laminate hardwood is much less likely to scratch or dent in comparison to solid hardwood.
- Like hardwood, it is available in a wide variety of styles, sizes, textures, colors, and more.
- Everyday maintenance is easy. To clean, just sweep often to remove debris and wipe up any spills with a damp cloth.
Your Local New Orleans Laminate Hardwood Experts
Laminate flooring is a great product but does lack some of the durability of solid hardwood flooring. Your Floor Coverings International Metairie design associate will be there to work through the trade-offs of all the different kinds of flooring, and help you decide what makes sense for each of your spaces. Laminate hardwood flooring comes in as many styles and species as solid hardwood. For that reason, it can be tricky to choose the perfect floor for your home. Let us help! We’ll bring our mobile showroom filled with hundreds of samples right to your home. Once you’ve selected the perfect flooring, we’ll provide a free proposal and estimate. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home or in-office consultation.