Hardwood floors are a classic look for a reason, everyone loves them! Wood-look vinyl is a popular flooring choice in the greater Metairie and New Orleans areas because it is a cheaper hardwood alternative that can be installed in any room of the house. For bathrooms and high-traffic parts of the homes, some New Orleans residents prefer the timeless look and feel of hardwood with the added durability and water resistance of vinyl.
Benefits of Vinyl
Vinyl is a very versatile flooring material. While we may think of vinyl flooring as “old fashioned,” new advances in technology make wood-look vinyl almost indistinguishable from hardwood. Other benefits of vinyl flooring include:
- Vinyl is very water resistant, meaning it can be installed in any room of the house, unlike solid hardwood. Vinyl is made from PVC plastic, which absorbs no moisture.
- While it is unlikely that your vinyl floors will be damaged, they are very easy to replace if they are.
- Vinyl is very durable and difficult to scratch. This makes it a great flooring option for pet owners.
- Installation is quick and easy, so we’ll be out of your house in no time!
- While wood-look vinyl looks like hardwood, it doesn’t require the same maintenance! Vinyl is simple and easy to keep looking like new.
What is Vinyl?
Vinyl tile is composed of many different layers, with a photo image on top of whatever type of flooring you are trying to imitate. From distressed oak to California redwood, you can pick any hardwood you’d like! The transparent plastic layer on top of the photo image helps to protect all of the layers.
If you’re ready to install wood-look vinyl in your home, give the experts at Floor Coverings International Metairie a call to schedule your free in-home design consultation! We’ll bring our mobile showroom right to you. We proudly serve the greater Metairie and New Orleans areas.
Photo Credit: Siamnukhathut Purathaka